The Aliquippa Bucktails is the oldest sportsmen club in Beaver County, PA. Its first meeting was held in June of 1935 in a funeral home at the corner of Franklin Ave and Spring St.
An old schoolhouse was donated and J&L gave the Aliquippa Bucktails a site on 35 wooded acres. It is located at 2564 Brodhead Road on what is known as “Bucktail Hill”. In the early 1940’s, the schoolhouse was disassembled and moved from McDonald Heights piece by piece. The club held its first meeting in the current clubhouse on October 3, 1939.
On the grounds are a 300-yard rifle range, 2 trap fields, a skeet field, a 25-yard indoor pistol range, an archery range, a clubhouse and a membership social building. Hunter education classes, NRA Firearm Instruction, youth shoots, lucky target shoots, trap and skeet, and an annual game dinner are some of the annual activities.